Access all your NHS services online
Framework support service users register with a local GP as early as possible because we understand how vital it is to support your physical and mental health.
To improve your access to healthcare we are working with the NHS to promote their website and app helping you to contact your GP, book appointments, order prescriptions and more.
What is the NHS App?
The NHS App allows you to access your NHS account via the ease of an app on your phone or smart device.
It allows you to access all the information you could through your online NHS account as well as linking it with your GP so you can contact them and order repeat prescriptions.
You can also:
- book and manage your appointments.
- view your GP health record to see information like your allergies and medicines (if your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results).
- book and manage coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations and get your NHS COVID Pass (there are also other ways to get your COVID Pass).
- register your organ donation decision.
- use NHS 111 online to answer questions and get instant advice or medical help near you.
You can do all of this without having to contact a GP surgery directly. We believe this will empower people to make easier, faster more informed decisions regarding their healthcare, leading to greater independence.
How to access NHS services online
To download the NHS App, click on the image to the right.
If you have an Android phone, click on Google Play. If you have an Apple phone click on the App Store.
Log in to your NHS account online via your browser
Click the link below to log in to your NHS account for all the same features as the app but through your browser